G & B Specialties Model R-890 railgear is designed for vehicles up to 66,000 lbs GVWR. Vertical front and vertical behind cab front railgear units are available. Vertical rear railgear is standard. Optional “True-Slew” rear axle is available with 5-1/2” slew capability. The R-890 uses 14” diameter forged steel wheels with heavy duty tapered roller bearings. Proven “Cushion-Ride” suspension provides ride quality, reduced vibration through the vehicle frame, less component stress, and constant rail wheel to rail contact. No railgear adjustments are required for varying loads. With G & B Cushion-Ride Railgear, there are no limits imposed. If the vehicle can support the load, so can the railgear. G & B Specialties R-890 Railgear has two hydraulic cylinders on both the front and rear units, providing power to spare under full vehicle capacity. On rail, the vehicle’s front wheels are raised a minimum of 3” above the rail head and the vehicle axle is hydraulically or manually locked in place, and all four rail wheels provide full track circuit isolation.
- Cushion-Ride Rubber Suspension
- Automatic Locking System in Road Positions
- Heavy Duty Double Acting Hydraulic Cylinders (Two Cylinders, Front and Rear
- PTO Pump Application
- Built-In Derail Skids
- Rail Sweeps Front and Rear
- Full Track Circuit Insulation (All Four Wheels)
- Vertical Rear Railgear is Standard
- Protective Bellows Over All Inner Guide Tubes
- Mechanical Steering Wheel Lock
- Hydraulic Operating Valves on Front and Rear Units
- Corrosion Resistant; Long Life Fasteners
- Grease Fittings at All Wear Points.
- Air Brake Package with Exterior Quick Change Composite Brake Shoes. Available for 2 or 4 Wheels.
- Vertical Front or Vertical Behind Cab Front Railgear Based on the Wheelbase of the Vehicle
- “True-Slew” Rear Railgear Axle with 5-1/2” slew capability
- Hydraulically or Manually Operated Vehicle Front Axle Lock, to Support Front Tires Above Rail.
- GVWR 66,000 lbs MAX
- GAWR (Front) – 20,000 lbs @ 20 mph
- GAWR (Rear) – 46,000 lbs @20 mph
- Material Forged Steel
- Tread 14” Diameter
- Flange 16” Diameter
- Bearings HD Tapered Roller
- Grease Cap w/ vent
Installed Weight R-890
- Total 2,800 lbs
- Fronts 1,600 lbs
- Rear 1,600 lb